Classroom and farm workshop program for elementary students
Agriculture is first of all a way of life, a matter of values and passion. Communicating this passion to young people awakens their interest in the professions of agriculture and forestry.
The program, Growing from School to Farm, works in collaboration with:
* UPA Laurentides Pays d'en Haut
* The Laurentides School Commission
* The Laurentides Forest Commission
* The Laurentides Consultative Bio-food Commission
This program creates bridges between youth and agricultural producers through classroom workshops and site visits to local farms.
Workshops in the classroom :
* Based on the educational modules from Ecole-O-Champ
* Animations given in your areas by agricultural producers trained by our specialists in agricultural education
* Duration: 45-60 minutes
* Activities focusing on themes of forestry and biology will be developed and facilitated by the specialized team of the Laurentides Forest Commission.
Farm Visits :
The farm visits will expose the youth to a variety of agricultural and forestry enterprises such as forestry management, dairy production, market gardens, beekeeping, maple syrup and cash crop production. Ecole-O-Champ will be in charge of the organization and logistics of all the visits. Animation will be provided by the producers visited. The duration of the visits is about half a day.
Expenses for In-Classroom and Farm visits such as traveling, coordination and animations are eligible for a financial assistance with the Quebec Science culture program which EOC is recognized as a scientific resource by the Quebec Education Ministry. You will find EOC on this Supplementary list of organizations.
For Elementary Cycle 3 Students